Friday 4 November 2016

Encapsulated #2

Here's the evidence of the next 10 days of the experiment. I really need to work harder at the selfies. The different colours do not really show up very well at all.
You cannot see here, but the skirt on the top row is my grey tweed [goes with suit jacket, bottom row] and the last two shots are my black skirt.
Also I am wearing tights which are black, scarlet, burgundy, grey, navy and teal. 
Steph said if I was working a capsule wardrobe properly I needed to vary my accessories - so I have 6 different scarves,and there are 7 different pairs of shoes.
I am beginning to feel that even though they mix and match well, the clothes are too dull, Black, white and grey is all well and good, but I think I need more colour. The grey suit has proved useful for all the WWDP days - it is formal and very appropriate for public speaking engagements - but I need some bright flashes of sunshine on these dark autumnal days.
Lots of other bloggers are writing about Project 333 and Capsule Wardrobes at the minute [here , here and here] Opinion seems divided between 'it is a useful tool' 'it is a total waste of time' and 'I can spend my entire life planning weekend trips to Paris with minimal luggage, using a handpicked selection of garments based on the colours of my latest Hermes Scarf'

2 comments:

  1. You seem to be doing very well with your wardrobe. :) I have a closet full of clothes and I do wear most of them, but I have a few favorites I wear all the time. I will be going through my closet at the end of the year, because I need to put together a few outfits to wear to the office when I return to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be doing very well! I like your scarf tying particularly, gives your outfits really panache!!!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!