Tuesday 2 August 2016

I'll Beetroot To You, If You'll Beetroot To Me...

When I was in Liz's kitchen the other day, I spotted a recipe card on her fridge door. It looked interesting, so I photographed it. Steph's just passed on her old smartphone, so I am taking even more pictures than I used to! 
Unfortunately my picture didn't include the title, or the details of where the recipe came from.
I had to modify it slightly as I didn't have the exact ingredients, using shallots instead of spring onions - but we really enjoyed it. It made a wonderfully colourful supper
These quantities serve two, generously.

Preheat the oven to 200' C. Scrub two sweet potatoes, chop into 2cm chunks, without peeling. 
Toss in 1 tbsp oil, and season well with salt and pepper. 
Put in a roasting tray on the top shelf.
Stir in two small finely chopped shallots.
Meanwhile peel 2 medium beetroot, and chop in 2cm cubes. 
After the potatoes have been in for 5 minutes, stir in the beets.
After a further 12 minutes, add some chopped chorizo. 
Cook for a further 8 minutes.
Remove from the oven, stir in 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, and a large handful of baby spinach leaves. 
Spoon over some cottage cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
[nb there is no way of saying this delicately- don't be alarmed by the subsequent pink pee!]

2 comments:

  1. Just to say I have just made this recipe for our dinner. We both really loved it and wanted to thank you for the inspiration - easy, colourful, (they say eating a rainbow is good and this definitely qualifies)imaginative and highly delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!