Friday 6 May 2016

So I Said "What about Breakfast At Tiffany's?"

My lovely SIL Marion gave me some clothes on Monday. I can keep what I like, and pass the rest on to a CS. There was a blue/grey striped dress in T-shirt fabric. I loved the fabric- but when I tried it on, it was a shapeless tent [I suspect M felt the same] The huge hip pockets looked like saddlebags, and the length was wrong.
I turned it inside out, and drew narrower straighter side seams, and planned to cut it shorter. I was originally going to curve the sides, but in the end decided they would flap, so just kept them straight.[That white thing is the cup I was using to draw the curves!]








And now I have a stripey t-shirt and I can channel my inner "Audrey Hepburn gamine Parisienne" look. Apart from the fact she was half my age, 8" taller, and 4 stone lighter - and I am definitely short and dumpy, not at all svelte...

3 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty top, chic just like Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in a very groovy musical mood this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAH, you look so cute!! BIGGER pic please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!