Saturday 1 August 2015

The Dragons Are Here!

john lewis dragon

In April, I blogged about the dragon parade coming to Norwich this summer. Visiting John Lewis Haberdashery, I saw their exhibit in the process of being created.

Now the dragons have arrived. Details here and here. On Thursday, in the pouring rain, we saw lots of them as we splashed our way round the city centre. There are 84 full sized ones, and lots of baby ones [these have been decorated by local primary schools] Most of the babies are inside shops, and it was harder to photograph them. Here are the ones we saw

30 07 15 norwich dragons-00130 07 15 norwich dragons1-00130 07 15 norwich dragons2

I am not sure which was my favourite – I did like the one in Jarrolds Book Department covered with words – and I am sorry I did not get to see the John Lewis ones again this week.

P1010046

We saw lots of families diligently following their Dragon Trail Maps and working out the coded message [the prize is a pair of tickets to fly from Norwich airport to anywhere in the KLM network – that must be worth quite a lot of money!] I think it is all great fun, and in a good cause [the Break Children’s Charity]. I wonder what creatures will be trailing round Norwich next year?

2 comments:

  1. How fabulous. Am slightly discouraged by the fact that the South of England is "enjoying" the type of weather that we leave home to escape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are brilliant! I want a dragon to paint now! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!