Monday 31 August 2015

Boys And Girls Come Out To Play!

eap

I’ve gone on about EAP before, this charity, founded by Steph’s good friend Tom Gill* does a phenomenal amount to help children and young people in Africa to enjoy good, safe play [website here] We were going to my great-nephew Sam’s Thanksgiving party, and the invite said “Don’t bring any presents – he has enough toys to last till he’s 16”

So I decided instead to give an EAP token. I sent off a cheque, and received a selection of cards to total the amount sent, with smaller information cards inside.

P1020093

In Sam’s name, a Tyre Den, and Elephant’s Play Area will be built, for children who have very few play opportunities.P1020096P1020095

I think these vouchers are a great idea [they are £5 and £10 value]

P1020097

dragons-den-mad-marc-1

*If you watch “Dragon's Den”, you may recently have seen ‘Mad Marc’ Wileman, showing his ‘Sublime Science’.

Marc is another Kirby Muxloe guy, and great friend of Tom’s.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to support a worthwhile cause.

    I did see Mark and thought he was fantastic. Anything which broadens the appeal of science gets my vote, having spent 35 years working towards it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea.
    Were the dragons kind to Marc? They often seem so rude and condescending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea for a gift. Yes, my niece has sooooo many toys, I always dread her birthday! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea! I bet Sam loved helping out needy kids--and his parents appreciated you not over-riding their "no presents" directive but still doing something nice to honor the occasion.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!