Thursday 3 April 2014

Three Minutes On Thursday #9 - Folding Up

3-minutes [3]

The disposal of the Martha Stewart Magazines reminded me that there are three things I have learned to fold in Martha Style, and I thought I would share these with you.

The first is a fitted sheet.

msl sheet

If you want to know how to do this one, then check out the video. You’ll need to practise, lots, but in the end, it will work out.

The video is here. The next category of folding is towels.

Into thirds one way, then either hang over the rail or fold into quarters.[Video here]

towels

The final Martha thing was teeshirts. Now I struggled with this, and could not work out how it was done, but then I found a better tutorial on the Real Simple Website and it all became clear [video here]

msl teeshirt

It is a bit geeky to want my towels and tees neatly folded as if they were on sale in Gap – but it is very satisfying to do.

Bob refers to it as “that izzy-whizzy thing you do with your teeshirts” And it takes less than 15 seconds when they are on the ironing board. They store neatly and don’t get creased up, which has to be a bonus!

8 comments:

  1. A French girl taught me how o fold fitted sheets...it seemed so simple once she had explained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never mastered the fitted sheet..but I mastered folding in the Navy!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have a go at the t-shirt folding idea when I next have a load of ironing to do - that looks like a bit of a laugh! However, I now store my bath towels rolled up as I get more on the shelf that way. I was taught to fold fitted sheets one summer when I worked as a housemaid in a posh hotel, so I have that one under control - but I shall encourage the girls to watch and learn! Thanks for the three minute series - I am enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only person who likes their t shirts folded like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried that method folding T shirts and now have a tidy drawer! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am awful at folding! AWFUL! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, Angela, you've just reminded me about work and how I have to fold those blessed sheets into a rectangle and put them on the Aga to press them into submission!Not sure if I want to go back to that after being away from it for a couple of months now. On the other hand, it's my bread and butter so what's a woman to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant advice, Angela! I came back to this post today because I've been putting away my winter clothes and getting the summer stuff out. T shirts sorted! Now I'm back to try a fitted sheet....

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!