Monday 26 August 2013

How Do You Make A Roman Blind?

…poke his eyes out! Apologies for old joke there. My friend Angela has made some stunning Roman blinds this summer, and I am very impressed by them.

Since we got Cornerstones 4 years ago, I have not been 100% happy with the bathroom blind. It is a simple roller blind – but horribly faded. However it did the job, and was not high on the list for replacement. This summer all household spending has been directed towards the summerhouse.

Then I thought “The mechanism is fine, I just need to replace the fabric. If I know how much is needed I can perhaps find some in the Stash at home, or in a sale” So Saturday afternoon, I asked Bob to help me measure the blind. As we unrolled it, we discovered it was twice as long as the window, and 50% of the fabric has always been ‘on the roller’ and therefore is not faded.

IMG_0562Here you can see there is a lot of fading.

Bob took the blind down, I cut it, and re-hemmed it on the machine, and now I have an unfaded blind [I still want to change it for a blue one, but that can wait a bit longer]

IMG_0561

 IMG_0563

A significant difference in colour, you will agree!

8 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Good for you! And ... you're forgiven for the joke. Haha!! Over on this side of the pond, it was a l m o s t too early for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about these:
    how do you make a swiss cross? - put an ice cube down his back
    how do you make a swiss roll? - push him down a hill!!
    And I didn't know what a roman blind was until Angela put one up!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have to admit, A's Roman Blinds are quite stunning to behold. Thank you [I think] for the jokes!

      Delete
  3. Perfect Angela! Why do they make blinds so long in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stroke of luck! Always pays to investigate doesn't it?

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff!

    I have to confess, I laughed at all the jokes.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!