Tuesday 23 April 2013

Charismatic Casseroles!

I love Orla Kiely designs [not that I actually own anything by OK] I think her simple leaf prints are so attractive

orlakiely

But long before OK put her leaves on coffee canisters and biscuit tins, Hornsea Pottery had a leaf design, called Charisma

pot

It was around back in the 1970’s, when we chose Hornsea ‘Cornrose’ as our wedding present china. Here’s my casserole from back then

DSCF5427

But recently, eagle-eyed Bob spotted a Charisma casserole in a charity shop. Same size and shape – so he bought it for £5!

DSCF5428

As you can see, one is grey, and the other is beige – but I love them both. I think they are definitely OK!

DSCF5429

I don’t make so many casserole once the weather gets warmer – but I may perhaps serve curry in one and rice in the other – or maybe remove the lids and use them to serve jacket potatoes and a salad.

8 comments:

  1. Those older designs are still so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, now I'm jealous. I wish I had one of those! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty designs.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an eagle eyed husband! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was growing up my mum had a set of coffee, tea, sugar and flour storage jars like this:
    http://www.replaceyourchina.com/hornsea-pottery-saffron-99-c.asp

    I was so jealous when my sister found some in a junk shop a year or two ago.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!