Saturday 16 March 2013

Sew Superb!

fabric 101 sew a metre

fabric 101 sew a metre

This is the book Liz gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. It is full of great projects. You see the bag shown on the front cover? Well one of my pupils has just made this [after only four sessions with a sewing machine!] We were both excited!

DSCF5294

My photo is of the ‘other’ side of the bag- which is why the button placement is reversed. I would recommend this book for both accomplished and novice needleworkers. It is well written, and the instructions are easy to follow. And it’s a great Stash Buster too!

5 comments:

  1. What a super bag, she must be so thrilled with her achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela - I'm on Radio Cornwall tomorrow , with Tracy Wilson on her morning programme at 11. We'll be discussing making do and mending. As you're so good at making and mending, it would be wonderful if you could email in a message to Tracy.Wilson@bbc.co.uk - with a story or message about something you mended and keep going or a thought about our throw away society - thanks Froogs xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Froogs- I have just emailed Tracy some stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder will we find the radio programme on the BBC website? Exciting prospect- very much like your book! Is there a little skirt pattern? I have a metre of lovely fabric and have long wondered if it would be skirtiviable. I also have a big name fabric person pattern, but I'm liking the word novice here! (When I say little skirt pattern, you can rightly interpret that both ways! It is just a metre of fabric!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the bag your pupil made. It is gorgeous! I would actually buy it I like it that much.

    Thank you Angela for your comments on my recent breadmaker purchase. It's lovely you still think of me when you make bagels. Bless xx Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!