Monday 7 January 2013

Fabriqué En France

2013 Book Review #1

I got this one out of the Library on Saturday

Made in France – Everything Patchwork

by Corinne Crasbercu

everything-patchwork

It is beautifully photographed

everythingpatchwork mushrooms

Forty different projects for quilts, bags and accessories

Everything Patchwork basket

There’s nothing particularly novel, complicated or unusual in the book – and most of the items are useful, and would make good gifts.

It is so pretty to read through – and the instructions are very well laid out if you do want to make the projects.

everythingpatchwork mushrooms

I think the fact that all the fabrics are in pink/red/white/blue colourways [with the occasional black or emerald accent] means everything looks so co-ordinated and tasteful. My own Great Stash has ‘just growed’ like Topsy’s hair, so it is rather more random and rainbow-like and my creations do not match each other so stylishly.

Everything Patchwork teacosy

The author writes regularly for Marie Claire Idées Magazine – and it appears that there is a whole series of ‘Made In France’ Craft books  including ‘Linen and Thread’ ‘Blackwork’ and ‘Red,white and blue embroidery’ [I must check these out, to see if the library has any more]

If you are already a competent needleworker, then I think it is a book to borrow occasionally from the library, rather than to own – some projects are very simple [bunting, drawstring bag, pillowcase, apron] It does contain lots of ideas and inspiration – and the instructions, templates, and technique notes are excellent. A fun weekend read, with good suggestions for personalising accessories.

I think I would give this one a 5-star rating! *****

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll put that on my library list, Angela. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you as I read it - I know you have some pretty red , white and blue patchwork pieces in your stash!!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!