Four years ago I began this blog. Here’s my first ever blog picture – a delicious, leisurely breakfast [Bob went out early to buy fresh croissants, I was convalescing after a minor op]
and here is a Saturday breakfast the other week [Bob even bought a newspaper for me – I can’t remember the last time we spent money on a real paper – oh the luxury of crosswords and Sudoku!]
significant changes in our lives
- Bob is considerably slimmer [as am I] and the “croissants for breakfast” are a rare treat these days!
- the dining room is a much more attractive shade of cornmeal [thank you Frances for that inspiration!]
- we have lost Charlie, our lovely collie cross
- in 2008 I would have laughed if you’d said that four years on, I would be running regularly, or that I’d be a homeowner
- we still love each other as much as ever
- our girls [and their blokes] remain a source of joy and pride
- supply teaching remains exhausting but fulfilling [although there is less of it around, and it comes in fits-and-starts]
- church life continues to thrive and keep us very busy
- God’s Amazing Grace
I’m now up at 144 followers, and well over twice that many people reading the blog each day. I have new friends all round the world, and I have learned so many things. It is such fun, and I wouldn’t want to give it up, even if it is hard to fit in the time to post to my blog or catch up on reading others.
So to celebrate this significant Blog-anniversary, I am planning a giveaway very soon. Due to extreme busy-ness these past few days, I haven’t got it organised yet. I will announce my Blogger-versary cum Easter cum Birthday giveaway next week. So watch this space.