I have managed to declutter 90 things this month! Various weekend guests, and a trip to Belfast, and other things meant I wasn’t very diligent about the three-items--a-day thing.
But lots has gone in a final end-of-month push
And the spare bed is clear of all the stuff pictured above, and it can be slept in again! I have decluttered the followingitems to children who may appreciate and use them [model making kits, books, toy cars]
- a lot of ‘wearable’ clothes to the charity shop
- paper and card to be recycled – including 700 worksheets for lessons I will never teach [the original master sheets retained on the PC just in case, though!]
- some ‘unwearable’ clothes to the bin [sad and baggy size 14 underwear which is too big for the slimmer me. Lucy Lastic strikes again]
- usable, but unwanted, items to the charity shop– fridge magnets, novelty mouse mats,a windchime, etc
- haberdashery and fabric to various friends who can use it.
- 3 paperback books [charity shop again]
- various CDs and DVDs [ditto]
- a stack of old magazines and catalogues
- hair accessories [I haven’t had long hair since March – and I am unlikely to ever grow it long again]
- masses of ‘silly’ fabric scraps – too small even for me to be able to use.
- and lots more stuff I am too embarrassed to even mention
So a big THANKYOU to Thrifty Mrs for the challenge!